EPDM roofing, commonly known as rubber roofing, is a robust roof type that is applicable to a variety of roof substrates. Rubber roofs are known for their durability and can be applied with just one coat to offer the needed protection, while other roof coatings must be applied multiple times.
While known to last up to 50 years before needing replacement, sturdy rubber roofs will nonetheless develop problems over the course of their lifespans, requiring the expert services of a commercial roof technician. When you find yourself in need of rubber roof repair in the Rapid City, SD, area, give Mid-West Roofing Systems a call at (701) 500-9399. We provide a full array of expert roofing services to keep your rubber roof in prime condition for the long haul.
Rubber Roof Benefits
As previously mentioned, rubber roof coatings can be applied to a variety of roof substrates. These include concrete, fiberglass, metal, foam and more.
The various benefits of rubber roofs include:
- Longevity: Rubber roofs can last up to 50 years
- Lightweight: Only one coat is needed
- Resistant to ponding: A rubber roof prevents the formation of pooling water that can cause damage
- Weather resistant: Stands up to heavy rains, high winds, extreme temperatures, snow, hail and other damaging weather conditions
- Resistant to cracks: Rubber roofs expand and contract with changing temperatures
- Thermal resistance: Can help lower your heating and cooling costs
- Low maintenance: Requires less maintenance than many other roof types
The Rubber Roof Process
For all of your rubber roof needs, you can count on Mid-West Roofing Systems for exceptional workmanship and outstanding customer service.
When rubber roof repairs are needed, the process is as follows:
- Inspection: We will inspect the type and condition of flashings on your roof. This is important, as incorrect or damaged flashings can cause roof system failure.
- Look for ponding water: Ponding water, or standing water that collects on your roof, makes the roof extremely vulnerable to leaking and also adds weight.
- Eliminate debris and vegetation: The presence of debris and vegetation on a roof can impair the roofing membrane and create an entry point for water and moisture to get in.
- Find wrinkles: Wrinkles in your rubber roof can also give water and debris an entry point to get under the membrane. Wrinkles near seams are particularly problematic.
- Create a custom repair plan: We will develop a repair plan to fit your needs and budget and to address all of the issues on your rubber roof.
Call on the Experts
For expert rubber roof repair and other roofing services in North and South Dakota, you can rely on the crew at Mid-West Roofing Systems. Call us today to schedule a free, no-obligation professional roofing assessment. We will send one of our expert technicians to your location to thoroughly inspect your roof and pinpoint any problems.
Give us a call today, (701) 500-9399!